Friday, September 23, 2011

Step 1 - Do something

I love the idea of fundraising.
We often complain that we have no money, yet we also spend a dollar here and a dollar there on...i'll say it: useles crap.

This year, I've decided to walk in the Out of the Darkness walk for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Here's the link, in case anyone wants to donate!
http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&eventID=1338&teamID=28149
Even a dollar would be appreciated! Really!

So far, I've received some awesome donations. I feel blessed and in awe. Why is it a surprise that people can genuinely be nice? Maybe because we see so much negativity that we forget...

If I inspire at least one other person out there to do something nice today, wether it be fundraising, buying a coffee for someone, holding a door, smiling more, whatever!... then I'll be happy. Let me know what nice things you've done :) What if you saved a few dollars every month, and in a year, donate it to a charity you love? Or, simply bring a friend to the movie! Little acts add up.

I know from experience that this is true:
"Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." Buddha


Peace & Love
from moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment